As one of Ontario’s largest Education Faculties, we strive to provide passionate and creative people with an inspiring environment where they can cultivate their interests, gain the tools they need to motivate students and engage communities, actively contribute to the evolution of education and become powerful catalysts for change.
As an educator of tomorrow, you have a big and important job ahead.
We will help you succeed with leading-edge programs that are relevant to the classroom – and beyond. Highlights of our programs include:
• a commitment to diversity, equity and social justice;
• engagement in local and global classrooms and communities; and
• teaching practices that are responsive to the needs of diverse learners.
Our Concurrent BEd program, to which you can apply from high school for select Faculties or after completing three years of university study, allows you to work toward your Education degree while at the same time completing most other York undergraduate degrees. Completion of the program will also lead to a recommendation to the Ontario College of Teachers for a teaching certificate.
We offer opportunities in the following areas:
- French Immersion, with most classes at Glendon, for those who wish to teach in immersion, core and extended French classrooms.
- Jewish Teacher Education, which prepares you to teach Hebrew and Jewish studies in public and Jewish day schools.
- Indigenous Teacher Education, where an emphasis is placed on teaching Indigenous material in respectful ways to both Indigenous and non-Indigenous students.
- International Education, which includes two internationally-focused elective courses and a program-based international experience.
- Technological Teacher Education, for individuals who are interested in teaching one of the broad-base teaching subjects in high school.
As a teacher of tomorrow, you have a big and important job ahead. We will help you succeed with leading-edge programs that are relevant to the classroom and beyond.
The Bachelor of Education for French immersion addresses a provincial need to prepare additional, well-qualified French teachers. Glendon’s bilingual campus and excellence in language education provide the ideal setting for many of the required courses for this bilingual BEd.