Thank you for your interest in pursuing graduate studies at York University. Your first step is to review all admission and application requirements for your chosen program of study before beginning the process.
- To complete the online graduate admission application, click "Apply Now" and follow the instructions.
- To apply to the Schulich School of Business, please visit the Schulich School of Business Web site.
- Time limit 30 minutes: The application will time out after 30 minutes. Ensure you have all necessary documentation at hand when you begin the application.
- Application fee $100 CDN: Pay the application fee by Visa or MasterCard. If you do not wish to submit your credit card online, or if you do not have a Visa or MasterCard, please contact the Office of Admissions at 416-736-5000. We will process your application when we have received the fee payment in full. Application fee is non-refundable.
- Full name required: Use your full legal name (found on your birth certificate or passport) on all application forms and, if applicable, include any hyphens. Provide all previous names used as a York student to ensure we have one comprehensive student file for your documents.
- Supporting documentation: Varies according to program. Refer to the specific program details page for requirements and deadlines. Supporting documentation may include a Supplementary Program Information Form; official transcripts; letters of recommendation; and official language test scores if required. Submit all required documentation by the program deadline.
- Transcripts: You must send two official transcripts for every postsecondary institution you have attended. To be considered "official", it must be evident that you have had no direct access to the transcripts. Transcripts must come directly from, and bear the seal of, the issuing institution. If the institution issues transcripts directly to you, the envelope must be sealed by the institution and remain sealed until opened by York University to be considered official. Photocopied or faxed transcripts are not accepted. If transcripts are in another language, an official English translation is required. If the name on your transcript differs from the legal name that you currently use, please make sure that you include your former name on your application form.
taken one or more courses at York;
earned a degree from York;
completed a certificate program at York.
All documentation submitted becomes the property of York University and cannot be returned.
The Office of Admission, York University, sends official communication about application and admission via e-mail. You will receive acknowledgement of your application as well as information about financial aid, on-campus events, offers of admission and your next steps after acceptance. It is important that you open, read and take action (if required) upon receipt of an e-mail.