High-school students outside of Canada or the United States
- Meet minimum admission requirements (See Below)
- Meet faculty-specific requirements (See Below)
- Know the application deadlines
- Submit your application
- Submit all required documentation
- Review language proficiency requirements and take any necessary steps
- Consider a modified admission request (for students with a diagnosed physical, learning or mental health disability)
- Check on Transfer Credit for Advanced Placement
- Visit York International, our office for international student services
For most countries, we consider the same academic preparation as is required for university entrance in that country: successful graduation from an academic secondary school program or equivalent.
You also need to make sure you meet our Faculty-specific requirements since some programs have higher averages or have supplementary procedures for admission.
- I'm taking the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- I'm taking the Baccalauréat Français
- I'm taking GCEs
- I'm taking CAPE
- I'm taking the Bachillerato
- I'm taking the Tawjihyah
- I'm studying in the Indian system
- I'm studying the United States high-school curriculum
- I'm studying a Canadian high-school curriculum
* York University is a highly selective university; therefore, meeting the minimum admission requirements and deadline dates is not a guarantee of admission. Only the most qualified candidates will be considered.
Are you a high-achieving international student that needs to meet language requirements for entry to a degree program at York? Visit YUBridge for details.