Glendon’s Mathematics program will develop your knowledge in pure and applied mathematics, including linear and modern algebra, mathematical analysis, topology and geometry, probability and statistics and the mathematics of investment and of actuarial science. Our small classes ensure personalized attention from dedicated, approachable professors.
Combine programs for a well-rounded bilingual education
You’ll have the flexibility to explore other academic programs, while developing or maintaining your bilingual edge in a competitive global marketplace. For example, combine your studies with courses or internships in Economics, Business Economics, Linguistics, Psychology and more for a versatile education that opens doors to a range of professions, including careers as a business analyst, statistician, researcher or teacher.
Le programme de Mathématiques de Glendon développera vos connaissances en mathématiques pures et appliquées, notamment l’algèbre linéaire et moderne, l’analyse mathématique, la topologie et la géométrie, la probabilité et les statistiques ainsi que les mathématiques de l’investissement et de l’actuariat. Dans nos petites classes, vous recevrez une attention individuelle de la part de professeurs dévoués et disponibles.
Combinez vos études avec d’autres programmes pour avoir une solide formation générale bilingue
Vous pourrez explorer d’autres programmes d’études tout en consolidant ou en maintenant votre avantage bilingue sur un marché mondial compétitif. Par exemple, combinez vos études avec des cours ou des stages dans des secteurs comme la science économique, l’économie et le commerce, la linguistique, la psychologie ou toute autre discipline. Vous acquerrez ainsi une solide formation générale qui vous permettra d’accéder à un éventail de professions telles qu’analyste commercial, statisticien, chercheur ou enseignant.
Sample First-year Schedule
- Modes of Mathematical Reasoning
- a language course (depending on language level, you would take French as a second language course, an English as a second language course or a discipline course taught in your second language)
- Linear Algebra
Possible Career PathsExplore what you can do with your degree
- business analyst
- math teacher
Internationalize your degree
The iBA degree program reflects York's commitment to internationalization and requires you to acquire an international language and to gain international experience on exchange at one of York University's partner institutions abroad. You will benefit from enhanced interdisciplinary and cross-cultural knowledge, which are important components of the department's academic focus. Visit the International program page for more information.
You are required to provide official evidence of academic achievement in secondary education. This can be demonstrated through:
- Final grades under the Ontario curriculum (obtained through correspondence, night school or through TVO)
- Credentials through other curricula, such as results from Advanced Placement (AP) or Advanced-level courses in the General Certificate of Education (Gene). (Students may register to sit for the AP and GCE examinations as private candidates.)
In the absence of final grades in courses:
- You must submit the results of standardized tests such as the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with a minimum of 550 (Reading) and 550 (Math) or a composite American College Testing (ACT) score of 24.
- Your application will be reviewed by an admissions sub-committee. If admitted, you will not be eligible for entrance scholarships. You will be considered for continuing student scholarships at the end of your first year of study, if you satisfy those criteria.
You may also be required to provide proof of language proficiency. You will be considered for entrance scholarships on the basis of your overall averages in the six 4U/4M (Ontario curriculum) or equivalent courses.
We are adding to our database of admission requirements by country. Please check back in October for additional admission requirements by country. General requirements are currently available by country — note that program-specific requirements may apply in addition to general requirements.