Environmental Management & Technology - York/Seneca Dual Credential Program
The Environmental Management & Technology Program, developed collaboratively by York University and Seneca College, is a unique opportunity for you to complete an advanced college diploma with the School of Environmental and Civil Engineering Technology (SECET) and a university honours degree with the Faculty of Environmental Studies (FES) in just 5 years.
York’s strengths in Environmental Management lie in our broad approaches to understanding policy and management, and the social, economic, legal and political nature of environmental issues. Seneca’s strengths are in the hands-on, technical areas associated with environmental technology seen through the management of water resources and engineering through applied sciences. The Program thus provides a broader education than either institution can mount alone, emphasizing field and laboratory skills as well as skills in critical analysis, issue analysis, effective management and problem solving and independent and teamwork.
This program focuses on environmental technology, resources and applied sciences, engineering and problem solving skills.
Be ready for the green jobs boom with two credentials that provide technical, hands on training and university level knowledge on policy and management in social, economic, legal and political environmental issues.
Graduates of the program receive a Bachelor in Environmental Studies (BES) from York University and an Advanced Diploma in Environmental Technology from Seneca College.
Who can take it?
You can apply to the Dual Credential Program in Environmental Management & Technology
- after successful completion of three years in the Bachelor in Environmental Studies Honours program at York University, OR
- while in your final year of the Environmental Technology Advanced Diploma at Seneca College.
How to apply
You can apply to the program in one of two ways:
- If you began with your Bachelor in Environmental Studies program at York, you will submit an application to the Ontario College Application Services (OCAS) in December of your third year of study.
- If you began with your Environmental Technology Advanced Diploma at Seneca, apply to the Joint Program in Environmental Management & Technology through York University in the final year of your diploma.
You are required to provide official evidence of academic achievement in secondary education. This can be demonstrated through:
- Final grades under the Ontario curriculum (obtained through correspondence, night school or through TVO)
- Credentials through other curricula, such as results from Advanced Placement (AP) or Advanced-level courses in the General Certificate of Education (Gene). (Students may register to sit for the AP and GCE examinations as private candidates.)
In the absence of final grades in courses:
- You must submit the results of standardized tests such as the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with a minimum of 550 (Reading) and 550 (Math) or a composite American College Testing (ACT) score of 24.
- Your application will be reviewed by an admissions sub-committee. If admitted, you will not be eligible for entrance scholarships. You will be considered for continuing student scholarships at the end of your first year of study, if you satisfy those criteria.
You may also be required to provide proof of language proficiency. You will be considered for entrance scholarships on the basis of your overall averages in the six 4U/4M (Ontario curriculum) or equivalent courses.
We are adding to our database of admission requirements by country. Please check back in October for additional admission requirements by country. General requirements are currently available by country — note that program-specific requirements may apply in addition to general requirements.