York University is a leader in transfer credit.
More than 13,000 transfer and mature students attend York each year and are an integral part of our community.
Transfer students enrich our campus with their varied experiences and are among the most successful and motivated students and leaders at York. We’re proud to offer multiple pathways for those wishing to enhance their studies with further university education and we assess transfer credit as soon as applicants are admitted.
Why transfer to York?
- York offers flexible class scheduling, including blended learning, to ease your transition back into post-secondary studies, as well as summer entry to accelerate the completion of your degree.
- Career-focused programs like social work, criminology, environmental studies, human resources management, psychology, business and more are available.
- We have established our reputation worldwide with 280+ partnerships with international universities, attracting international students with roots tracing back to 155 countries.
- York is home to the largest psychology program in North America.
- Many of our programs offer three intakes: January, May and September.
- Our network of 270,000+ alumni spans the globe.
- York houses Canada’s largest selection of liberal arts and professional programs.
- We are home to Ontario’s only disaster & emergency management program (one of only two in Canada).
- 92% of York graduates are employed within the first two years of graduation.
Source: York at a Glance
Whether you are transferring as a mature student, directly from another postsecondary institution, for financial, academic, personal or professional reasons, or come back to school after a period away, you’ll find your fit at York. Let us help you live the university experience you’ve always dreamed about.
Choosing York means choosing from one of our two dynamic campuses with modern facilities and a multicultural environment. We offer you a first-class education, tailored student services, financial assistance and an unparalleled support system. Above all, we offer community and a chance to realize you career and life goals.
Welcome to York.