The Office of Student Community Relations (OSCR) will be accepting applications for a coordinator and volunteers for the Peer Support Team (PST) program for the 2012-2013 Academic Year from March 27 to April 12, 2012
Our Peer Support Team plans outreach activities that focus on topics related to conflict resolution. The PST will host events to raise awareness about the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities (CSRR), the alternative dispute resolution process, and how students can access resources and get support when they are dealing with a conflict.
Peer Support Team members are available to meet with students who are involved in a disciplinary process and need support. In addition, the PST offers workshops and training to student organizations, helping group members acquire conflict resolutions skills to build strong and positive student organizations.
The Peer Support Team is also available to Residence-Life staff who plan events for students living on campus.
- Must have an interest in conflict resolution
- Have knowledge of the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Excellent presentation and/or outreach skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Prior involvement in leadership/community building activities an asset
- Ability to show initiative and share ideas
- Committed to upholding the Code of Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Must be a full-time York student to be eligible for a paid position
How to Apply:
- Complete the following application form: www.yorku.ca/oscr/peersupportteamapplication.docx
- Submit a copy of the application form along with your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details about the program, contact our office at email@example.com or at 416-736-5231.