Thank you for your interest in pursuing graduate studies at York University.
Your first step is to review all admission and application requirements for your program of study before beginning the process. If you are an internationally educated applicant, please also have a look to see what our graduate admission requirements are by country.
To apply to the Schulich School of Business, please visit the Schulich School of Business website.
- The graduate admissions process at York takes place in two steps: first you will need to fill out the initial application form and make the required payment, and then the second (separate) step is document submission. Only the initial application form needs to be completed by the application deadline. Supporting documentation can be submitted after the application deadline.
- First, you need to fill out the initial application form. This form consists of seven short pages, and asks about things like your name, address, previous schooling, etc. Please use your full legal name when filling it out. The application will time out after 30 minutes – remember, you are not submitting any documents at this time. After submitting your application form, you will need to make a non-refundable payment of $130 CDN using Visa, Visa Debit, or Mastercard. If you are interested in multiple programs, you will need to apply separately for each individual program.
- In approximately 3-5 business days, you will receive an email from York with instructions on how to access your MyFile account. On your MyFile account you can access application details, see a list of documents you must submit to complete your application, and submit most supporting documentation.
The documents required to complete your application vary according to program. Supporting documents could include the following:
- Transcript(s) from all University level studies1
- Statement of Interest/Statement of Intent/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation2
- English Language Proficiency Test score3
- Supplementary Information Form
- GRE score(s)4
- Sample of Written Work
Most of the documents above can be uploaded by you, directly to your MyFile. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit all documentation within two weeks of the application deadline.
1 Graduate applicants can upload “unofficial” transcripts through MyFile. Transcripts provided in this way are sufficient for determining conditional admission to graduate programs. A transcript records the name of the applicant, the name of the institution, all courses successfully and unsuccessfully completed and all courses that were withdrawn after the registration deadline. Upon receiving a decision of conditional admission to graduate program, you must send one official transcript for every postsecondary institution you have attended. You do not need to submit a transcript for any courses or degrees taken at York University.
2 York University does not accept pre-written letters of recommendation. We ask applicants to provide the names and email addresses of their referees, and we email each referee a standardized reference form to fill out about you, the applicant.
3, 4 ELP and GRE scores need to be sent to York directly from the testing centre – electronically is fine. All applicants to graduate programs at York must present an acceptable English Language Proficiency (ELP) test score, if asked, in order to be considered for admission. We do not offer conditional admission for applicants who have not submitted ELP scores.
Your application is only complete once all your supporting documents have been received by the University. If you do not submit all your supporting documents to the University in a timely manner, you risk not being fully considered for admission by your program of choice.