Glendon's globally-focused Economics degree gives you insights into these types of issues, preparing you for careers in law, politics, diplomacy, government and more.
Why are some countries rich and others poor, and why is rent so much higher in Toronto than in Sudbury? Glendon's globally-focused Economics degree gives you insights into these types of issues, preparing you for careers in law, politics, diplomacy, government and more. You’ll learn from professors with strong international backgrounds, real-world experience and a wide variety of specializations including microeconometrics, immigration, international trade law, natural resources and the environment.
Looking for hands-on experience? In your fourth year, you have the option to arrange an internship for academic credit in English or French at a government agency, non-profit organization or research institution.
Notre diplôme en Science économique, tourné vers l’international, vous éclairera sur de telles questions, en vous préparant à des carrières dans le droit, la politique, la diplomatie, la fonction publique et d’autres secteurs.
Pourquoi certains pays sont-ils riches alors que d’autres sont pauvres, ou pourquoi les loyers sont-ils beaucoup plus élevés à Toronto qu’à Sudbury ? Notre diplôme en Science économique, tourné vers l’international, vous éclairera sur de telles questions, en vous préparant à des carrières dans le droit, la politique, la diplomatie, la fonction publique et d’autres secteurs. Nos professeurs, qui jouissent d’une réputation internationale, ont une grande expérience pratique et sont spécialisés dans un vaste éventail de domaines dont la micro-économie, l’immigration, le commerce international, les ressources naturelles et l’environnement.
En 4e année, faites un stage qui donne droit à un crédit universitaire dans un organisme gouvernemental ou un institut de recherche.
Sample First-year Schedule
- Introduction to Economics
- a language course (depending on language level, you would take French as a second language course, an English as a second language course or a discipline course taught in your second language)
- Linear Algebra
- Modes of Mathematical Reasoning
Possible Career PathsExplore what you can do with your degree
- financial analyst
- investment banker
- management consultant
Internationalize your degree
The iBA degree program reflects York's commitment to internationalization and requires you to acquire an international language and to gain international experience on exchange at one of York University's partner institutions abroad. You will benefit from enhanced interdisciplinary and cross-cultural knowledge, which are important components of the department's academic focus. Visit the International program page for more information.
You are required to provide official evidence of academic achievement in secondary education. This can be demonstrated through:
- Final grades under the Ontario curriculum (obtained through correspondence, night school or through TVO)
- Credentials through other curricula, such as results from Advanced Placement (AP) or Advanced-level courses in the General Certificate of Education (GCE). (Students may register to sit for the AP and GCE examinations as private candidates.)
In the absence of final grades in courses:
- You must submit the results of standardized tests such as the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with a minimum combined total of 1170 on the Critical Reading and Math components or a composite American College Testing (ACT) score of 24.
- Your application will be reviewed by an admissions sub-committee. If admitted, you will not be eligible for entrance scholarships. You will be considered for continuing student scholarships at the end of your first year of study, if you satisfy those criteria.
You may also be required to provide proof of language proficiency. You will be considered for entrance scholarships on the basis of your overall averages in the six 4U/4M (Ontario curriculum) or equivalent courses.
We are adding to our database of admission requirements by country. Please check back in October for additional admission requirements by country. General requirements are currently available by country — note that program-specific requirements may apply in addition to general requirements.