Thinking of Applying
To apply, here’s what you need to do…
- Choose a program based on one of our two campuses: Glendon and Keele.
- Review our admission requirements.
- Prepare all required supporting documentation:
- Supplementary Information Form (Schulich School of Business or Social Work applicants)
- AMPD Supplementary Evaluation process (School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design applicants)
- Official transcripts
- Course descriptions from previous universities or colleges attended
- Language proficiency requirements
- Documentation required from mature students
- Those with a diagnosed physical, learning or psychiatric disability may want to request modified admission consideration
- Study permit & visa information for international applicants
- Make sure you meet the applicable Fall, Winter and Summer deadlines.
- Find out if you're eligible for transfer credit.
- Are you looking for bridging programs or a way to meet the prerequisites for a specific course or program?
- Look into scholarships and tuition to prepare your budget. (Don't forget to apply for awards and financial assistance once you've applied to York.)
- Submit your application.
- If you haven’t already, visit the York campus now!
- Make sure all your documents arrive before the deadline.
- Check your application status.
- Look into scholarships and tuition to prepare your budget. Don't forget to apply for awards and financial assistance once you've applied to York.
Language Proficiency Requirements
If you’re applying to one of our undergraduate programs, (and have not studied in English or French for at least four full years) you must meet our English language requirements. Review York's language proficiency requirements >>
How you'll hear from us
The Office of Admission, York University, sends official communication about application and admission via e-mail. You will receive acknowledgement of your application as well as information about financial aid, on-campus events, offers of admission and your next steps after acceptance. It is important that you open, read and take action (if required) upon receipt of an e-mail.
I've Been Admitted
Congratulations! You applied and you've been given an offer of admission. Now secure the offer and make your dream a reality!
First Year & Student Life
Ready to join us on campus? Get to know the services, programs and resources available to you to ease the transition to university life and set you up for first year success.
Get ready for first year with: