Glendon's psychology professors are actively involved in almost all areas of the field, providing you with the opportunity to explore a wide variety of topics including neuropsychology, crime and the justice system, perception, psychological injury and law, prejudice and aging, with the experts in those fields.
Small classes, hands-on experience
Considering medical school or graduate studies? Professors will get to know you better in small classes, which can result in more academic support and stronger reference letters. You’ll apply your learning in our perception lab and through local and international internships, practicums, research assistantships, and part-time jobs with locations including the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Sunnybrook Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute.
Les professeurs à Glendon sont actifs dans presque tous les domaines de la psychologie, ce qui vous permet d’explorer un vaste éventail de sujets dont la neuropsychologie, les actes criminels et le système juridique, la perception, les blessures psychologiques et la loi, les préjudices et le vieillissement.
Petites classes et expérience pratique
Vous envisagez de faire des études de médecine ou des études supérieures ? Dans nos petites classes, les professeurs apprennent à bien vous connaître, si bien que vous pourriez recevoir davantage de soutien académique et des lettres de recommandation plus convaincantes. Vous pourrez mettre en pratique vos connaissances dans notre laboratoire sur la perception, lors de stages locaux ou à l’étranger, dans des postes d’assistant de recherche, ou dans des emplois à temps partiel au Centre Baycrest pour soins gériatriques, à l’Hôpital Sunnybrook et au « Toronto Rehabilitation Institute ».
- Child and Youth Worker
- Community Justice Worker
- Corrections Officer
- Developmental Disabilities Services Worker
- Early Childhood Educator
- Educational Administrator
- Family Therapist
- Human Resources Specialist
- Labour Relations Specialist
- Marketing Manager
- Mental Health Therapist
- Policy Advisor
- Public Relations Specialist
- Rehabilitation Case Manager
- Research Assistant
- Speech Language Pathologist
Our students have a high success rate in graduate school admissions. As well, some students pursue careers in law and medicine. Visit the Canadian Psychological Association website for career information for those with a BA in Psychology.
The iBA and iBSc degree programs reflect York's commitment to internationalization and requires you to acquire an international language and to gain international experience on exchange at one of York University's partner institutions abroad. You will benefit from enhanced interdisciplinary and cross-cultural knowledge, which are important components of the department's academic focus. Visit the International program page for more information.
You are required to provide official evidence of academic achievement in secondary education. This can be demonstrated through:
- Final grades under the Ontario curriculum (obtained through correspondence, night school or through TVO)
- Credentials through other curricula, such as results from Advanced Placement (AP) or Advanced-level courses in the General Certificate of Education (Gene). (Students may register to sit for the AP and GCE examinations as private candidates.)
In the absence of final grades in courses:
- You must submit the results of standardized tests such as the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with a minimum of 550 (Reading) and 550 (Math) or a composite American College Testing (ACT) score of 24.
- Your application will be reviewed by an admissions sub-committee. If admitted, you will not be eligible for entrance scholarships. You will be considered for continuing student scholarships at the end of your first year of study, if you satisfy those criteria.
You may also be required to provide proof of language proficiency. You will be considered for entrance scholarships on the basis of your overall averages in the six 4U/4M (Ontario curriculum) or equivalent courses.
We are adding to our database of admission requirements by country. Please check back in October for additional admission requirements by country. General requirements are currently available by country — note that program-specific requirements may apply in addition to general requirements.