This program is only open to students entering their first year of university.
If you have previously studied at university or college and are expecting to receive transfer credit, you must declare a major when you apply for admission.
An undecided or undeclared major enables you to begin your first year of studies without having to select a program in which to major. In this way you can discover your interests and strengths by taking courses from a variety of disciplines prior to declaring a specific major.
While exploring different areas, you may be surprised that you have an interest in something you'd never have studied otherwise. You'll have the chance to meet other students with many different ideas and interests to spark your imagination. When you do make the ultimate decision about what to major in, you'll know that the choice is your own.
An undecided or undeclared major option is available through the following Faculties:
- Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
- Faculty of Science
You are required to provide official evidence of academic achievement in secondary education. This can be demonstrated through:
- Final grades under the Ontario curriculum (obtained through correspondence, night school or through TVO)
- Credentials through other curricula, such as results from Advanced Placement (AP) or Advanced-level courses in the General Certificate of Education (Gene). (Students may register to sit for the AP and GCE examinations as private candidates.)
In the absence of final grades in courses:
- You must submit the results of standardized tests such as the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with a minimum of 550 (Reading) and 550 (Math) or a composite American College Testing (ACT) score of 24.
- Your application will be reviewed by an admissions sub-committee. If admitted, you will not be eligible for entrance scholarships. You will be considered for continuing student scholarships at the end of your first year of study, if you satisfy those criteria.
We are adding to our database of admission requirements by country. Please check back in October for additional admission requirements by country. General requirements are currently available by country — note that program-specific requirements may apply in addition to general requirements.