Required Documentation for Undergraduate Applicants

The following requirements apply to all applicants applying to undergraduate degree or certificate studies at York University.

  1. Official Transcripts (all students are required to submit official transcripts except those qualifying as Mature applicants or as Visiting Students on a Letter of Permission)
  2. Course Descriptions (for any postsecondary work taken outside of North America)
  3. Language Proficiency Requirements
  4. Supplementary Application (Schulich School of Business, Education and Social Work)
  5. Supplementary Evaluation process (School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design)

Where to send your documents? You can upload your documents through MyFile. If you need to send documents via mail, you can click here for the Office of Admission's mailing address and contact information.

Mature Students: Click here for information on required documentation.

Visiting Students: See Visiting Student admission requirements.

International applicant? Visit the Citizenship & Immigration Canada website for details about study permits, work permits and what to do before and after you arrive in Canada.

Important: For final admission, all documents must be originals (ie official) and received directly from the home institution. Conditional admission is possible with non-official documents; however, to proceed into courses, the official original transcripts must be provided before the start of classes.

Replaceable documents become the property of York University and will not be returned. We keep supporting documents for one year, after which we destroy materials related to your application.

If request is made in writing to Admissions upon application, irreplaceable documents will be returned to the original document holder.