Official Transcripts

Submit official transcripts* for all postsecondary studies, even if completed part time or several years ago. If you're currently completing courses, send a transcript showing your course enrolment and grades to date as soon as you apply and then again at the end of the semester.

High-school transcripts are also required if you:

  • have completed secondary studies within the past five years, OR
  • are applying to the Digital Media program offered by the Faculty of Fine Arts and the Lassonde School of Engineering, OR
  • are applying to the Lassonde School of Engineering, OR
  • are applying to the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies (Administrative Studies, Business Economics, Disaster & Emergency Management, Economics, Financial & Business Economics, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Public Administration) OR
  • are applying to the Schulich School of Business, OR
  • are applying to the Faculty of Science, OR
  • are applying to the Faculty of Health BSc programs (Kinesiology & Health Science, Nursing, Psychology).

Applicants must submit official transcripts* from all accredited, postsecondary institutions that they have attended.

If your transcript does not specify that a degree was conferred, you must also provide an official degree certificate.

York University will make a conditional offer of admission on the basis of hand-delivered transcripts received in an institutionally sealed envelope that carries an official stamp, seal and/or authorizing signature of the issuing institution. To clear the condition and begin your studies at York, we must receive an official transcript mailed directly from the issuing institution.

For transcripts, certificates and other formal academic credentials in a language other than English and French, an official translation from certified translator is required and must be submitted with the transcript.

The Office of Admissions will submit any suspect document to the issuing institution for verification. Applicants who have been found to have submitted falsified documentation or who have failed to declare their complete academic history will have their applications cancelled; if registered in courses the registration will be revoked. Where appropriate other disciplinary action may be recommended to or initiated by the relevant Faculty Academic Council.

Make sure you use the same name on all documentation when you are submitting them to York University. This will ensure that your application is processed without delay.If your status changed (e.g. you got married), as long as you indicate any previous names on your application, the documents will be processed.

Early conditional admission (US applicants)

We may offer conditional admission with strong Grade 11 finals. You must send us a transcript showing registration in Grade 12 courses.

*Transcripts must be official originals sent directly from the issuing institution in an institutionally sealed envelope (that remains unopened), carrying an official stamp, seal and/or authorizing signature of the issuing institution or via the Ontario Universities’ Electronic Transcript System for Ontario university or community college students.

International Students: Ontario universities may require undergraduate applicants to have official international academic transcripts submitted directly to World Education Services (WES) Canada for verification as part of the admission process. Universities will notify applicants submitting international academic transcripts regarding specific submission requirements through WES Canada.

Every effort has been made to offer the most current, correct and clearly expressed information possible. Nevertheless, inadvertent errors in information may occur. Therefore, the information contained at this site is intended only to provide a general indication of our policies. The actual outcomes will vary according to each individual's situation.