Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
Acquire specialized knowledge about the field of investment management. Direct individuals and organizations to invest their resources optimally. Learn to manage and grow portfolios.
Admission requirements: Students engaging in the professional certificate will either:
- have been admitted to and registered in an existing undergraduate degree program at York,
- have previously completed a university degree with academic credentials earned at recognized/accredited institutions, or
- are/were registered and have completed at least 18 credits of an undergraduate degree program at a recognized/accredited post-secondary institution.
Prior to beginning the certificate, students must have:
- successfully completed MHF4U ( Advanced Functions) or equivalent and
- obtained a minimum grade of C (4.00) in each of AP/ECON 1000 3.00 and AP/ECON 1010 3.00 or their equivalent.
Graduating with a certificate: except where otherwise stated, a minimum cumulative grade point average of 4.00 is required to satisfy certificate requirements. Students must also submit an application to graduate from a certificate program. Transcript notation that the requirements for a certificate have been completed will be made once the Registrar's Office has received notice from the unit administering the program. Certificates will not be conferred until candidates have successfully completed an undergraduate degree program if they are simultaneously enrolled in a degree and a certificate program. The Faculty does not award certificates retroactively. Refer to the Academic Standards section for details of the undergraduate certificate minimum standards.
How to apply:
Certificate information, application instructions and links to application forms can be found on the School of Administrative Studies website.
- If you are a current York student, contact the School of Administrative Studies to find out about admissibility requirements and the application process.
- If you are a new applicant to York and already have a university degree, you must ensure first that you meet the minimum requirements for admission to the University by applying through the Office of Admissions. You would then also make a separate inquiry to the School of Administrative Studies, as noted in item 1 above.