Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
Learn the fundamentals of marketing management, consumer behaviour and marketing research. You will discover how marketing helps organizations sell their goods and services.
Admission requirements: Students engaging in the professional certificate will either:
- have been admitted to and registered in an existing undergraduate degree program at York,
- have previously completed a university degree with academic credentials earned at recognized/accredited institutions,
- or otherwise be admissible to York;
- applicants without prior university education may apply to be admitted to the direct-entry certificate program through York University’s mature student application (check the process Application for Entry to a Certificate program at the School of Administrative Studies.)
According to York’s admissions requirements, an Ontario high school student needs the following to be accepted into this professional certificate in marketing:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- five additional 4U or M courses
Graduating with a certificate: except where otherwise stated, a minimum cumulative grade point average of 4.00 is required to satisfy certificate requirements. Students must also submit an application to graduate from a certificate program. Transcript notation that the requirements for a certificate have been completed will be made once the Registrar's Office has received notice from the unit administering the program. Certificates will not be conferred until candidates have successfully completed an undergraduate degree program if they are simultaneously enrolled in a degree and a certificate program. The Faculty does not award certificates retroactively. Refer to the Academic Standards section of the Faculty Rules for details of the undergraduate certificate minimum standards.
Students should consult the School of Administrative Studies as to the recommended sequencing of courses. Departmental level advising is recommended for this certificate.