Communication & Media Studies
Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
About Communication Studies
Get an edge in today’s media-centric and technologically evolving world. You’ll learn to question, analyze and reflect on a wide range of media systems and communication technologies that influence our lives.
In our program you will gain sound analytical skills, so that you can apply a critical lens to mass media and communication. You will work with award-winning professors and innovative researchers.
What you’ll learn
- Gain valuable professional skills, such as formulating arguments, articulating ideas, evaluating information and creating content for different media platforms and communication environments.
- Learn how to analyze and explain the social, cultural, historical, and political implications of media technology, the outcomes of communications policies and the impacts of media on greater society.
- Get a solid understanding of communication as a complex social process, focusing on both traditional forms of mass communication and new media.
- Earn course credit while working for a local employer or community organization as part of the fourth-year Field Experience Course.
- Use real-world examples to understand how media and communication processes work. Many projects involve creative, critical, and hands-on engagement that allows students to gain experience working with and in media.
- Take advantage of study abroad opportunities, including International Exchange, Global Internships and Summer Programs.
Contact us at email@example.com