Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
The economics program introduces you to the discipline of economic thinking and equips you with the skills to understand contemporary economic problems in a variety of national and international markets. Our graduates have gone on to careers in business and government, graduate training in economics, professional training in business, law and public administration.
What you’ll learn
- You’ll gain the analytical framework necessary for understanding and solving economic problems.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of the mathematical foundations of economic theories and of the statistical techniques employed to analyze economic data.
- Develop the ability to apply the core methods and tools of economic analysis to understand complex problems.
- Study and evaluate the individual and social effects of public policies.
- Understand the economic dimension of today’s broader social and political issues.
- Network with peers and business leaders at events like our annual Bank of Canada’s Governor’s challenge and an annual Case Competition.
- Take experiential economics courses that give you access to industry leaders and hands-on research experience.
- Take part in our diverse and enriching seminar series.
Contact us at email@example.com