Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
Study with York’s internationally-renowned Political Science professors.
Political Science encompasses not only the actions of governments, political parties and the courts, but also political movements in society and in the power relations of everyday life.
Choose from a rich and diverse range of courses that allow you to focus on a number of topics such as:
- global politics
- political economy and political power
- development and inequality in the Third World
- social justice
- law and democracy
- violence and security
This breadth of choice will help you to gain a comprehensive understanding of critical issues facing our world and the political context in which they exist while acquiring in-demand analytical and communications skills.
- You will learn to conceptualize and to think critically about crucial dimensions of political life, both values and processes, especially those linked to such issues as the uses and abuses of power; the articulation of rights and responsibilities; and the intersections of community and nation-state with more globally-defined realities.
- Our first-year classes are taught by our most distinguished scholars who not only cover the essentials, but also design the courses with flair and expertise.
- We are well known in many areas including Canadian Politics, Comparative Politics, International Relations, Political Theory and Women and Politics.
Contact us at email@example.com