Children, Childhood and Youth
Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
About Children, Childhood and Youth
Understand the human condition from the perspectives of young people. Our program takes a child-centred and children's rights-based approach to this relatively new field of study. You will explore the many facets of global childhoods from award-winning faculty members and distinguished researchers.
Our interdisciplinary and humanities-based approaches include courses from sociology, psychology, literature, history, anthropology, and human rights and equity studies. You will gain knowledge, skills and experience for working in child- and youth-focused settings and organizations. This program also opens doors to further study, including advocacy work, counselling, education, health and wellness, international development and much more.
You will learn:
- Gain new and critical understandings of children and youth, their cultures and their rights.
- Get a solid background in youth social justice advocacy and community engagement practices.
- Develop vital career skills including effective communication, teamwork, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Lead research with young people in the wider Toronto community in our 4th-year honours research project.
- Participate in a wide range of experiential activities in the classroom and community.
- Participate in a range of experiences with young people, both globally and locally.
Contact us at email@example.com