Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
The School of ITEC offers you the tools to become a versatile business- and socially-aware IT professional.
Located near some of the most important Liberal Arts and Business/Commerce schools in the country, we aim to provide a robust information systems and technologies education while cultivating awareness on how such technologies apply to organizations and business.
Learn from a mix of research-driven faculty and industry professionals who are experienced in dynamic areas such as information retrieval, business analysis, cloud computing, IT strategy, data analytics, IT project management and information visualization.
Our programs are specially designed to emphasize the analysis, design, development and management of complex information systems, allowing students to choose the level to which they want to combine this expertise with pure business education.
You can choose a more technical Bachelor of Arts in Information Technology or a business-focused Bachelor of Commerce in Information Technology. Our graduates have gone on to work as business analysts, IT and project managers, as well as in technical careers, including software and web development and technical consulting.
What you’ll learn
- Identify opportunities for IT-enabled organizational improvement, and analyze complex business problems and needs.
- Apply key technologies and practices used in designing and developing IT solutions including programming, conceptual modelling, database design, systems architecture and data analytics.
- Understand how information systems are analyzed, designed, built, deployed and maintained within and across organizations.
- Get a head start with in the Internship program, a three- to 12-month placement with a major organization. You’ll advance your professional skills, make connections and apply theory to practice.
- Work in small groups in labs and programming courses, and gain experience with research and long-term case projects.
- Experience first-hand important IT activities through role playing, simulated sessions and peer interactions, including requirements elicitation interviews, client presentations, user evaluation meetings, user surveys and quality inspections.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org